Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Menu: Eggplant

This beauty came out of my mom's http://katydidskountrylife.blogspot.com/
garden. I had never tasted eggplant before so I decided to give it a whirl.
Ingrediants!

I was surprised at how fast the eggplant turned brown when I started slicing it!

I drudged the eggplant in flour, salt, and pepper. Then dipped them in egg. The coated them in Panko breadcrumbs, mixed with Parmesan cheese! Into the oven to bake at about 375.

This is what they look like when they get all crispy. The really green ones in the back are zucchini that I made the same way.

I served it over spaghetti, with the zucchinis on the side.

Honestly, I wasn't impressed with eggplant. It was rather bland. I would probably never grow it. It seemed rather tasteless, even with all the coating. I prefer my squash and zucchini made this way. I could eat them everyday! You could always fry them instead of baking them, too!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

You are so rude! LOL!
Eggplant is weird. I have 3 sitting here that I do not know what to do with.

July 22, 2011 at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home