Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer Happenings!

It's been quite awhile since I have updated-again!! Sorry, I have been incredibly busy. July was not a good month. At the end of July, I took my Sr Quiz team to Nationals in St.Louis, and all in all it was a good trip. We didn't win, which was very disappointing, but we had a good time.
I started homeschooling Chantry last Monday. I have actually been teaching him for a couple of years, but it's now officially official. ha ha. The curriculum that I planned on using, was much to easy for him, so for now I am just doing what I was doing before. I am going to switch him to another curriculum but I am not sure what "brand" yet. He is so smart and I am so proud of him. He is ready to read so I am really working with him in this area. Yesterday, he started learning how to "add" and what the "plus sign" meant (which is first grade work, but he quickly picked it up)!!

I had mixed emotions last week when he started. I cannot believe that my baby boy is so big already! It seems like yesterday that he was born and I was bringing him home. Another part of me is/was worried I wouldn't be a good teacher for him, or that he would be missing out on something by not actually going to school. I keep telling myself that I am doing a good job because he is already ahead, and this is the best thing I can do for him. I have my associates degree in Elementary Education, so I figure I am pretty prepared for this. Just say a prayer for him and me that we will do good together!

Chase is getting so big and ornery! I am trying a "paci-removal" this week and only letting him have it at naptimes and nighttime. Hopefully I will survive the week. He has gotten way to attached to that piece of plastic and has started trying to talk with it in his mouth (major pet-peeve).

Today, we are getting some relief from the scorching weather. Fall is just around the corner! I am so excited! I have many plans for my boys when the cooler weather sets in!

Have a fan-tabulous day!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

If all you had was a stick and the dirt to write in you would be a fantastic teacher for Chantry. He will do wonderful in his schooling years. Use the KISS method often!
Love ya!
Mom

August 25, 2010 at 4:34 AM  
Blogger Cheree said...

You are going to do a super job! Keep an eye on my "chemist" buddy... he will pick up a lot by watching and hearing what you teach big brother!
I will be praying for you... If there is ever anything I can do for you... please just holler...

August 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home